Monday, December 17, 2012

Tough start to the week

There's two things that set the tone for a good week over here more than anything else:
1) Playing well and locking in a W in our ice hockey games each Sunday evening
2) Waking up on Monday morning to read about the Giants rolling to another victory

No hockey this week, so I guess that's a wash leaning toward a slight negative, as a week without hockey is never a good thing. (Beijing isn't cold enough yet that Houhai and the other lakes have frozen for skating, so for now the only option is the rink.) I checked online this morning to see that the Giants had been smoked at the Falcons to the tune of 34-0. I haven't checked the stat line yet but this has to be one of the most embarrassing losses in recent memory for Big Blue. I was relying on young David Wilson to rush and return me to the win column in my fantasy competition this weekend, to no avail. Once again, the playoff door for the Redskins and Cowboys is left ajar--should have shut that thing firmly this week. Missed opportunities...

No comments: